Here’s one of our favourite recipes for The Parsnipship’s Harissa Bean Pate. Serve this beauty with warm crusty bread.
Harissa Bean Pâté
Makes 1 large tin
- 1 tin of each of the following: kidney beans, butterbeans, chickpeas, lentils and cannellini beans
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 mugs water
- 1 tbsp Marigold Swiss Vegetable Vegan Bouillon
- 1 heaped tbsp Harissa or other spice blend
- Juice and peel of 1 lemon (remove white pith)
- Salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whizz with a hand blender or in a food processor and turn into an oiled loaf tin. If the mixture is too wet, drain some of the liquid off.
- Refrigerate before serving with warm crusty bread. The pate will keep for a week.