Why not try out this lovely seasonal vegetarian recipe from The Parsnipship?
Jerusalem Artichoke, Sorrel, Spinach & Wild Garlic Soup
Preparation/cooking time 40 minutes
2 onions, chopped
2 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 carrot, chopped
8 small Jerusalem artichoke, thinly sliced
1.5 litres vegetable stock, made with Swiss Marigold Vegetable Bouillon
1 large handful of fresh spinach leaves
1 small handful of sorrel
1 small handful of wild garlic
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and soften the onion.
2. Add the carrot and artichoke and sauté for a few minutes, before adding the stock.
3. Bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked.
4. Remove half the soup and blend it until smooth in a separate bowl. Then add it back into the remainder of the soup, before adding the spinach, sorrel and wild garlic.
5. Stir in the leaves so they wilt, then season to taste.
7. Serve immediately with warm bread.